No Loose Ends

No Loose Ends
Meet the Cast

Friday, May 16, 2014

Step-by-Step

     This week started with me “in my emotions." I was distraught, even sad, about my relationships with my family and some friends (I thought). Let me explain... Being in prison comes with an expected amount of popularity loss. Outta sight outta mind right? In this situation, I expect casual acquaintances, work friends, even smash buddies, to fall off to a degree, because I got a pretty huge sentence!

Six to15 years!  So shaky or non-essential relationships didn’t really stand a chance. Many of those disappearing didn’t bother me. My pain this past week came from the folks that called themselves my friends and even relatives.



It’s no big deal.  I understand the world moves on.  And who sits around on the phone anymore?  There’s texting and movies on Netflix or any other of a million things to do in the world. Yeah, I know I sound whiny, like, “poor forgotten about me, nobody wants to hear from me."  Well what provoked my inner child’s belly-aching is the fact that -- or wasn't that -- I was calling home to ask for anything; or because I had bad news how about awesome prison is……Noooo!

I went on a dial-a-thon to share the good news. After 35 years of attaching my name to so much nonsense - drinking, jail, rap, etc - now there's finally a headline associated with my given name that I’m proud of. Dig my press release:

Xlibris Publishing releases a sizzling new urban drama – No Loose Ends by Ramsey Venner available now.

How sweet is that? And no one out there wanted to hear it.  At this point, I’m not mad, I’m not hurt. I guess I‘m indifferent. I just wonder of success - or failure, for that matter - with No Loose Ends.  Will it garner the same level or irreverence?  Take a look at the great strides we’ve been taking from behind prison walls and let me know if I’m outta line for being a bit hurt.


Finally -- using that name for a good purpose! Subscribe to Contraband Tales; receive alerts about my blog posts; pick up your copy of No Loose Ends; and tell a friend ;)

The book is dope!

R. Venner

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm an old-lady, and when I first heard Ramsey say that something I did was "dope" I asked my brother, who's also in prison, "Is that good or bad?" Turns out I've been behind the times. The word "dope" to the younger generation is what "bad" was in the 70's. That's "bad" really meant - "that's great!" So DOPE is what Mr. Venner's book is - using HIS generation's terms. Great article with an inside view into the mind of an imprisoned, young, human being.

    ReplyDelete