No Loose Ends

No Loose Ends
Meet the Cast

Monday, April 28, 2014

Art Imitating Life

     I’ve been a bit shook up and on uncertain footing the last couple of days. My beloved Table 5 team has changed drastically in the blink of an eye....
Two of the strongest, brightest, and biggest stars in my sky have burnt out and I’m afraid for good. I am kind of sad and salty because I saw myself in a not so distant future sharing the fruits of all this hard work with the folks that facilitated its arrival, but it looks like patience for the final act was not to be.


It probably is my fault for any number of reasons. I drove too hard, asked and expected too much, dreamt too big and then there’s that prison thing. Or possibly visions respectfully weren’t in line. At any rate I am grateful for the time together friends. I am appreciative for the wisdom assistance, laughs and experiences. I pray your energy and efforts take you to the places you want to be.

But like Antoinette told me “One monkey don’t stop no show”. I can’t and won’t apologize for my ambition and knowing that I started from nothing a little over a year ago and now I’m negotiating a national ad campaign and product placement in bookstores from prison fuels my moves. I’m not embarrassed or ashamed of my demeanor, or bull headed nature. When it comes down to it I’m tired of being an honorable mention. I’m over making a good showing or doing pretty good. I am extremely proud of No Loose Ends and know that one of the reasons it exists is because I don’t want to keep falling short of success.

So I’ve asked too much, and I may have been an ass, but look at where we are now. So the team looks a little different at this point than it did when it started. What war is fought without casualties?

Victory, it feels, is in sight and it is my job to usher in its arrival! No Loose Ends is a great story and spoiler alert!..... Everyone does not make it to the sequel. Whether that’s art imitating life or life imitating art, I can’t know. 

But either way it’s one hell of a story.

R. Venner

No comments:

Post a Comment